Charity sewing days are used for members to come and work on quilts that will be donated to the women’s transition home, Hill House. Charity sewing days are usually held once a month on a Monday. Charity sewing days will be added as they are scheduled. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, January 14th, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm – flannel & dottie
- Friday, January 25th & Saturday, January 26th – Mystery Weekend – See below
- Monday, February 11th, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm – focus on red
- Monday, March 11th, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Monday, April 8th, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Monday, May 13th, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Monday, June 10th, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Monday, July 8th, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Monday, August 12th, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Monday, September 9th, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Monday, October 28th, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Monday, November 18th, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Monday, December 21st, 2019 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Note: Meetings, sewing days, etc. are fragrance free, please!
Mystery Weekend –Another January Mystery Weekend is planned for January 25th and 26th, 2019!! Signups have begun. The weekend begins with appies on Friday evening and goes through Saturday with a potluck lunch. We are looking for volunteers to be “runners” for various groups (much appreciated by the groups early this year), help in the kitchen for Friday night and Saturday lunch, and a helper to help plan the event that you might be interested in coordinatng it for the following year in 2020. Please email Sue Bruning (email@example.com) to sign up. As this item is being writen there are only 18 spots left. Don’ t delay, sign up today!
For the beneft of the new members who have joined the guild over the past few months, I thought I would take this opportunit y to review the minimum size for the diferent types of quilts that Transiton House needs.
Baby quilts – 37” by 50”
Single bed quilts – 50” by 70”
Double bed quilts – 65” by 75”
Although it is wonderful to receive donatons of completed quilts, we recognize that not everyone can wrestle a large quilt a round on their domestc machine, so we are grateful to have a group of women who will quilt tops that are donated.