CANADIAN QUILTERS ASSOCIATION REPORT
- How do you introduce sewing to children? Would you take them to trained instructor or guide them yourself? Please share your experience with our readers who may be looking for advice. Send your replies to Irene Lafech CQA/ACC Membership Director, email@example.com
- Quilt Canada 2019 in Ottawa. The Keynote speakers and instructors are in place for Quilt Canada 2019 in Otawa.
- KeyNote Speakers: Libs Elliot who creates handmade geometric quilts using generative design and Processing code https://www.libselliot.com
- David Taylor is an internatonally recognized art quilter from Henniker, New Hampshire https://www.davidtaylorquilts.com
- Teachers: Libs Elliot, David Taylor, Anna P. Brasil, Krista Hennebury, Carol Seeley, Tamara Serrao, Anndrea Tsang Jackson, Lauren Mac Donad, Amanda McCavour, Claire Halliot, Bill Stearman, Bridgit O’Flaherty, and Laua Coia.
- Please go the the CQA web site to view the QC2019 Teacher/Lecturer Biographies. Detailed informaton about workshops, lectures and schedules will be posted on the website in October. Registraton will open in January 2019.
- Trend Tex Challenge: CQA/ACC is happy once again to collaborate with TrendTex on this annual quilt challenge. Kits will be available Startng October 1, 2018. Please go here to learn about this year’s Trend Tex Challenge and see the fabric and rules. https://canadianquilter.com/trendtex – challenge – 2019
- BIG NEWS! The fnal tally is in for the funds raised from the Postcard Challenge with the proceeds going to the BC Children ’ s Hospital. $11,000!Huge shout out to Cindy’s Threadworks for the idea and sponsorship! AND to Karen Killins – Robinson who ran the challenge! The biggest thank you goes to all of you who created and purchased the postcards to make this happen! THANK YOU!!