All regular Guild meetings will be held on the fourth Thursday of each month at Church of the Advent, 510 Mount View Avenue, in Colwood unless otherwise noted. Day and evening meetings will be alternated as follows. At each meeting a program is usually presented.
Please bring goodies to share if your last name begins with the initials listed after the meeting date and time. Thanks!
Note: Meetings, sewing days, etc. are fragrance free, please!
Thursday, July 26th, 2018 7 pm
- Program: Ice Cream Social and Games
- Goodies: provided by the Guild
- Greeter: Lois Robert
More about the program: Exciting summer programs planned for you! July will be our games night! The guild provides the goodies: ice cream sundaes and lemonade!! BINGO and Strip Poker (aka Left Right Center)! For anyone new or attending games night for the first time, you will need a Fat Quarter for each BINGO card, maximum of 2. We play 3 games on the same card. A line, an X and the entire card filled out. Game winners will win Fat Quarters. The guild will provide the BINGO cards, and you will need a marker/dabber.
Strip Poker, despite it’s name, does not involve poker or stripping, sort of. You will need four 2-1/2″ strips (x width of fabric) rolled and fastened with an elastic band. The theme for the strips is Tropical Skittles… fabric that is bright, and wild, and happy! We will likely split into several groups. Winner of each game wins all the strips from their table/game.
Thursday, August 23rd, 2018 7 pm
- Program: Garage Sale
- Goodies: Bea – Fle
- Greeter: Lori Rusk
- More about our annual Garage Sale. A great way to destash and build up your stash in the same evening!! If you would like a table, or a half table, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org up to 3 days before the meeting. There is no charge for tables and the guild does not take a percentage. You must take all of your unsold items home.
It works in 2 ways:
- You bring your quilting related fabric and notions and set up your table prior to the meeting. We use the adjoining room so no one is browsing or shopping ahead of time. You are responsible for manning your table, the monies and sales.
- The guild will set up a table (or two) if you would like to drop off items to be sold. The item would have to be in a clear bag with an envelope with your name, item description and price on it. (ex: 3 meters, kona white fabric, $25) Books do not have to be in a bag, but require the envelope to be fastened to it.
Members can browse the table, collect the item, put the money in the envelope and give it to Cathy Newman (or designated representative) and you will receive your envelopes at the end of the night.
Members of the guild who are purchasing need exact change for the envelope system.
Thursday, September 27th, 2018 7 pm
- Program: Our guest speaker is our very own, talented, award winning quilter, Jennifer Watson – “Quilt As Desired” & Guild Birthday Party!
- Goodies: Birthday Cake!!
- Greeter: Thelma Mattson & Mimi Davis
Thursday, October 25th, 2018 9:30 am
- Program: Our Quilt Show 2019
- Goodies: For – Har
- Greeter: Linda Harris
Thursday, November 22nd, 2018 7 pm
- Program: Mavis Reynolds and Dayspring Quilt Company
- Goodies: Has – Lin
- Greeter: Lois Robert
Thursday, December 13th, 2018 9:30 am
- Program: Christmas Tea
- Goodies: Executive
- Greeter: Leonore Davidson