All regular Guild meetings will be held on the fourth Thursday of each month at Church of the Advent, 510 Mount View Avenue, in Colwood unless otherwise noted. Day and evening meetings will be alternated as follows. At each meeting a program is usually presented.
Please bring goodies to share if your last name begins with the initials listed after the meeting date and time. Thanks!
Note: Meetings, sewing days, etc. are fragrance free, please!
Thursday, November 22nd, 2018 7 pm
- Program: For our November meeting, our guest speaker is our very own WQG member Mavis Reynolds. Mavis is a pattern designer and long arm quilter. She is going to share with us her quilting journey and will have a selection of patterns that will be for sale after the meeting. You check out her website at https://dayspringquiltcompany.com/ for sale
- Goodies: Has – Lin
- Greeter: Lois Robert
Thursday, December 13th, 2018 9:30 am
- Program: Christmas Tea
- Goodies: Executive
- Greeter: Leonore Davidson
- The Christmas Tea is a lovely spread of tea and coffee, sandwiches and dainties hosted by the Guild Executive. Our guest speakers will be from Cridge House and Annie’s Closet to share with us some of the personal stories attached to the giving of our quilts. Bring a hankie. We also donate to the Goldstream Food Bank, so donations of dry food goods or cash are gratefully accepted.
Thursday, September 26th, 2018 7 pm
- Program: WQG Blue Bag Reboot Challenge Show and Share and Guild Birthday
- Decorate, bling and glam your WQG blue bag for a chance at prizes. Cindy’s Threadwork’s has generously ofered to sponsor the prizes.
- Goodies: Birthday Cake!
- Greeter: TBA