About once a month a workshop is offered. Unless otherwise stated all workshops are held at the Church of the Advent. Details below. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register for workshops.
Once a year a retreat is held at Camp Pringle, Shawnigan Lake usually at the beginning of November. As information becomes available it will be added to this page.
Remember this is YOUR Guild and the commitee is here to organize workshops for you, but we need to know what YOU are interested in doing so please let us know
Note: Meetings, sewing days, workshops etc. are fragrance free. Please arrive 15 minutes early to avoid disrupting the class as you setup.
Saturday, March 23rd, 2019
is Natonal Sew Day and we will be joining together on the Saturday sew day to do the blocks and quilt tops for Quilts of Valor which will be led by Lynne Pots. The block was in the December newsleter and can be found online at CQA Quilts of Valor. You are welcome to work on your own projects if you wish as this is our regular sew day.
Saturday, March 30th, 2019
- Spring mini workshops – theme will be Home Decor. The cost for each workshop is $10. You may take 2 workshops – one in the am and one in the pm.
- Sign-up for the mini-workshops will begin at the Jan meeting with the $1o fee for each class payable at sign-up time.
- Potluck luncheon so don’t forget to bring a dish for the pot luck luncheon.
- 2 volunteers are required to set out lunch and clean up the kitchen. Your assistance is greatly appreciated
- Morning workshops from 9 am to noon
- Jennifer Watson will be teaching a cool (pun intended) pot holder and Thelma Mattson will be teaching the “jelly roll rug” technique placemat. You will be making a small project in each class.
- Afternoon workshops from 1 pm to 4 pm
- Nancy McIntyre will be teaching a “clothes line bowl” construction.
- kits will be available if requested
- there will be tme in the afernoon for those not taking the afternoon class to finish up projects afer we enjoy our always bountful potluck!!
Fri May 3rd to Sun May 5th, 2019 – Day Retreat
- Fri – 3pm to midnight, Sat – 7 am to midnight, Sun 7am to 5pm – Highlands Community Hall http://highlands.bc.ca/228/Community-Hall
- $20 deposit required at February meeting with total cost expected to be approx $100
- pizza one night!!
Friday, June 28th & Saturday, June 29th 2019
- Jacqueline de Jonge workshop with Maureen Wood
- pattern to be determined
- sign-up will start in March with an example available
- if there is enough interest, we will set up small projects and sessions afer April on Sew Days. There are a few new quilters in our midst and we have an amazing amount of knowledge and talent in our Guild that is worth sharing with those that have been smiten by the “ quilt ” bug. Time to share & watch our guild grow in comfort and experience ….
Christmas Craft Sale – Sat, Nov 30th, 2019
- Booked – the main hall and foyer of COTA for November 30th to have a WQG Christmas Craft Sale.
- We are hoping this idea garners more interest between now and then. If you would like to be a part of this sale, please send us your input!