About once a month a workshop is offered. Unless otherwise stated all workshops are held at the Church of the Advent. Details below. Contact email@example.com for more information and to register for workshops.
Once a year a retreat is held at Camp Pringle, Shawnigan Lake usually at the beginning of November. As information becomes available it will be added to this page.
Note: Meetings, sewing days, workshops etc. are fragrance free. Please arrive 15 minutes early to avoid disrupting the class as you setup.
Friday, January 25th & Saturday, January 26th, 2019
- Charity Sew Mystery Weekend
- contact Sue Bruning for more information
Saturday, March 16th, 2019
- Natonal Quilters Day. CQA Quilts of Valour Challenge quilts will be constructed. The block pattern and more info can be found online at CQA Quilts of Valour. You are welcome to work on your own projects if you wish as this is our regular sew day.
Saturday, March 30th, 2019
- Spring mini workshops – theme will be Home Decor. The cost for each workshop is $10. You may take 2 workshops – one in the am and one in the pm.
- Sign-up for the mini-workshops will begin at the Jan meeting with the $1o fee for each class payable at sign-up time.
- Potluck luncheon so don’t forget to bring a dish for the pot luck luncheon.
- 2 volunteers are required to set out lunch and clean up the kitchen. Your assistance is greatly appreciated
- Morning workshops from 9 am to noon
- Jennifer Watson will be teaching a cool (pun intended) pot holder and Thelma Mattson will be teaching the “jelly roll rug technique. You will be making a small project in each class.
- Afternoon workshops from 1 pm to 4 pm
- Nancy McIntyre will be teaching a “clothes line bowl” construction. Kits will be available for purchase and the usual suspects (: will be teaching finishing techniques with a project to be announced at the January meeting.
Friday, June 28th & Saturday, June 29th 2019
- Jacqueline de Jonge workshop